I would like to make my return with a mix I have just completed which showcases some new and some old tracks I have been listening to lately.
This is a mix which took many different directions as it evolved over time. It started as an idea to put together a selection of personal classics, so Tiga’s disco drama remix of E Talking was the seamless beginning I was hoping for. After mixing and editing the track I decided I wanted a really heavy mix to create a connection to the dance floor. This idea was swiftly extinguished as a selection of disco, deep and tech house I was listening to at the time crept in. However I stayed true to the idea and brought the noise back for the last half of the set creating differing levels and experiences.
Few interesting edits, bootlegs and samples which bring it all together. The vision was to create a wave of beats to progressively stab at your consciousness and subsequently raise your arms.
- Soulwax – E Talking (Tiga’s Disco Drama Remix) with a (Jimps’ “A Part of The Savage Beast Never Ends” Edit)
- Crazy P – Eruption
- Jane’s Addiction – I Would For You
- Flowers & Sea Creatures – A.M (Ewan Pearson Re-Edit)
- !!! – Steady as a Sidewalk Cracks (Tim Goldworthy Remix)
- Ben Westbeech – Stronger
- Mongolian Jetset – A Blast Of Loser (9406 Version) (With a Jimps extension of Pink Floyd out of your head edit)
- Justice – Canon (Erol Alkan Rework)
- The Glimmers – U Rock My World
- The Presets – I Go Hard, I Go Home (Ascii Disko Remix)
- James Zabiela – Darkness 2
- Goose – Words (Boris Dlugosch Remix)
- Afrojack – Pacha On Acid
- Benoit & Sergio – Walk and Talk/Thomas Gandey – The Piano Track (Radio Slave Remix)
- Detachments – Audio Video (Stopmakingme Remix)
I have included all the heaviest weapons below from the second half of the set – all available in WAV format to help you demolish the floorboards.
Well – till next time ta ta.